Get USD31 credit free!

Sunday, 19 October 2014

REVIEW: The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant

 
 
Description
Trying to get pregnant is enough to make any woman impatient. The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant is a complete guide to the medical, psychological, social, and sexual aspects of getting pregnant, told in a funny, compassionate way, like talking to a good friend who’s been through it all. And in fact, Dr. Jean Twenge has been through it all—the mother of three young children, she started researching fertility when trying to conceive for the first time. A renowned sociologist and professor at San Diego State University, Dr. Twenge brought her research background to the huge amount of information—sometimes contradictory, frequently alarmist, and often discouraging— that she encountered online, from family and friends, and in books, and decided to go into the latest studies to find out the real story.

The good news is: There is a lot less to worry about than you’ve been led to believe. Dr. Twenge gets to the heart of the emotional issues around getting pregnant, including how to prepare mentally and physically when thinking about conceiving; how to talk about it with family, friends, and your partner; and how to handle the great sadness of a miscarriage. Also covered is how to know when you’re ovulating, when to have sex, timing your pregnancy, maximizing your chances of getting pregnant, how to tilt the odds toward having a boy or a girl, and the best prenatal diet.

Trying to conceive often involves an enormous amount of emotion, from anxiety and disappointment to hope and joy. With comfort, humor, and straightforward advice, The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant is the bedside companion to help you through it.
 
 
Review
As you all may know, I have been TTC for 10months or so but still no good news. So when I saw this book, I decided to buy it. With all the different information floating around, it is good to have a summary book.
 
I took about 2 weeks to finish the book. (I read in office as my workload is getting lesser & lesser. About 30mins to an hr almost everyday) Generally I didn't learn much things from the book. But if you already TTC for 10 months like me, I do hope you already know the things in the book. If not, means you really need the book and remember to fold the important pages. However I do enjoy reading the books. The author has quirky sense of humor which makes the entire book very entertaining.
 
I do learn some fun facts like home sperm kit. I do not know such thing exist. So husbands or bfs who refused to go to the clinic can get their sperm tested. However the sperm kit only test for the sperm count and not the mobility. Another fun fact is I need to gain 7kg more so that I can be in the healthy range of BMI: 20. Which is impossible! I already gain 6kg since I got attached. (My bf fed me quite well). And if I gain another 7kg, I definitely look like a petite fat potato. No jokes. The book also included what to eat so that you can get baby boy or baby girl. Last of all, the book also include how you can answer the busybodies who keep asking "are you pregnant yet?"
 
Conclusion, I do enjoy reading the book because it is totally enjoyable. It is more like reading a journey of a woman who are TTC-ing or rather TTC-ed. And I definitely think all women who are TTC-ing will definitely enjoy the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment