Get USD31 credit free!

Monday, 27 October 2014

REVIEW: Veet Infini'Silk Light-Based Ipl Hair Removal System For Home Use

 
Description
  • FDA cleared at home IPL hair removal system uses same technology found in clinics and salons
  • State of the art technology delivers permanent hair reduction results in as few as 4-5 treatments
  • Ideal for full body hair removal, including arms, underarms, bikini line, legs, back and chest
  • Designed for both women and mens' hair removal
  • Other features include skin color sensor, skin contact sensor, 5 light energy levels and corded operation

  • Review
    I guess I mention before I'm very into hair removal and after trying out No!No! hair removal (which is kinda disappointment), this is my next hair removal device. I didn't really search for this particular brand. Just happen that I was browsing the coupons at my favourite store - Amazon. I saw there is a 50% discount for Veet Infini'Silk Light-Based Ipl Hair Removal System For Home Use. For USD111, this device is a total steal for me! Although it doesn't ship to Singapore directly, I ship it via Comgateway and will only cost me SGD26. Total bill SGD172.52. As compare to any IPL hair removal home device, the price already convince me to get it NOW! But being a logical shopper (most of the times), I will browse for reviews. The reviews are not excellent, but good enough for me. Amazon gives it 3.5 / 5 stars.
     
    After 3 weeks, I finally received the device. My bf was the first who tried it because he never done IPL before and was pretty excited about it. Furthermore he finds that it is too sissy for man to visit beauty parlor. So I'm his private beautician. I shave out his virgin armpits' hair. On the device which will set off a loud fan sound. Then I try on level 3 on him. He kinda shocked at the pain, so I reduce it to level 1. He still feel it uncomfortable but able to deal with it. After I'm done with both of his armpits, I apply aloe vera gel for the soothing effect. Next day, his armpits hair start growing back which is kinda fast. But I guess because he never done it before, so the IPL effect still has not kick in yet. On the following day until now, my bf keep complaining his armpit hairs is very pokey and itchy. I guess for his next treatment (next week), I will try level 2 on him.
     
    Next is my turn to try it. Personally I have done IPL before, but stop for few months because I'm too lazy to go to beauty parlor. My hair growth isn't fast and amount of hair isn't much due to multiple times of IPL. But gradually as time goes by, I find that I have to shave more and more frequent. From once per month to once per week. I shave and try level 1 on my left armpit. Frankly there is no feeling at all. So I'm not sure why my bf is so uncomfortable. For my right armpit, I try level 2. Also no feelings at all. I try level 3 on my left arm, I do feel slight warm feeling when doing the IPL. But still no discomfort. Then I try level 4 on my right arm. The warm feeling is stronger and still at the acceptable range. However sometimes the IPL device takes a longer time to emit the next pulse, as compared to level 1 to 3. Last of all, level 5 (highest level) for both of my legs. I do feel the heat hitting me on my legs when the pulse is emit from the device. There is discomfort but not as painful as doing it at beauty parlor. So it is still acceptable for me but I will still prefer level 4. Another issue is most of the times the IPL takes much longer time to emit the next pulse. So my entire treatment will be lengthen because I have to wait for the IPL to "load". Personal favourite - level 3 for more sensitive places and level 4 for rest of the body.
     
    Next day I check the areas that I have IPL. For my armpits, I can see slight hair growth. For my arms and legs, zero hair growth.
     
    My bf & I will continue the treatment and will update whenever I remember =P

    No comments:

    Post a Comment