Get USD31 credit free!

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Review: Holiday Inn Meleka

My bf, me and my friend went to Malacca for a short road trip over the weekend. And of course the planning of accomodation is done by me. I never been to Malacca so I decided to choose some reputable hotel. Instead of some local hotel that I never heard of. The photos of Holiday Inn Melaka took my breath away and is near to the straits of Malacca.
 
My friend booked it at Agoda, which cost arnd SGD120 for a smoking deluxe room. I booked it via Holiday Inn website which cost me arnd SGD160 for a king size bed with straits view, non smoking. Below is an illustration for the difference of the room.
 
 
When we reached there, the hotel is new and clean. The staffs are polite and speak good english. Being their member, I have the priority or express queue. The check in is rather fast, just that I have booked for a non smoking room and they told me the non smoking room is all fully booked! As for friend, she booked for a smoking room and end up all smoking room is fully booked! *FAINT* Lucky the smoking room is not stinky and my friend can smoke in her non-smoking room. So I guess there is no much difference.
 
This is not the end of my disppointment. Since I paid slightly more, I expect my room to have bath tub and slightly bigger. But end up, is exactly same as my friend's room. NO BATH TUB AT ALL! I'm not sure why under the room description there is bath tub indicated but in actual fact, there is none. Is it consider false advertising? If I know there is no bath tub, I definitely will not book the hotel.
 
Next I look at the straits of Malacca. Totally disappointment. I think is more like construction of reclaim land view?
 
My friend was disappointed on the swimming pool. In the website, the pool view is kinda of like infinity pool. But actual swimming pool is a very normal swimming pool. Another false advertising? Or the different camera angle?
 
Other that that, the room & bathroom are spacious, bright and comfortable. I love the shampoo, shower gel and body lotion. Not oily, easily absorb to my skin and super nice scent. Holiday Inn Melaka also near to shopping centers and Jonker Street. Just 1 min walk from the hotel, you will reached the jetty. The seafood is quite fresh and reasonable pricing. But of course you can find even much cheaper seafood restaurant in Malacca. There is also KTVand cyber cafe too.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment